Our Statement of Faith
- WE BELIEVE that the Bible has been inspired by God, and is the complete and infallible Word of God.
II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20, Revelation 22:18-19
- WE BELIEVE that there is one God, without beginning and without end.
Revelation 1:8, Micah 5:2
- WE BELIEVE that God is a trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is God incarnate. He was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life. He died on the cross in the place of the sinner, and His shed blood is the atonement for our sins.
John 20:28, Isaiah 9:6-7, Hebrews 1:1-8, Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, John 8:46,Hebrews 7:26, I John 2:2, II Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 2:13:20
- WE BELIEVE in His bodily resurrection and His ascension to the right hand of God, and that He will make a personal return to earth in power and glory.
I Corinthians 15:4-8, Matthew 25:31, Acts 1:9-11
- WE BELIEVE that all are sinners and lost, awaiting the judgement of God, but God is not willing that any should be lost. Romans 3:10,23, II Peter 3:7-9, Romans 11:32
- WE BELIEVE that the sinner may have salvation by repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
Acts 2:38, Acts 20:21, Romans 10:8-13, Hebrews 7:25
- WE BELIEVE that a saving faith will result in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God without which there is no salvation.
John 1:12-13, 3:6-8, 16-17,Ephesians 5:26-27, I Peter 1:22-23
- WE BELIEVE in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the believer is empowered to live a Godly life in spiritual unity with Christ.
John 1:33, Acts 8:16-17, Romans 8:2-17, John 14:23, I Corinthians 3:16, 12:13, I John 2:6
- WE BELIEVE that both the saved and the lost will be resurrected; the saved unto life eternal and the lost unto eternal damnation.
John 5:28-29, I Corinthians 15:51-58
- WE BELIEVE that under any and all circumstances, we should speak the truth, and should not swear – obeying the commandment of Christ: “Swear not at all; but let your communication be Yea, Yea; and Nay, Nay. . . ”
Matthew 5:34-37, James 5:12
- WE BELIEVE that government is ordained of God to enforce law and order and to prevent evil works. Government should, therefore, be supported and obeyed, respected and conscientiously obeyed, except when to do so violates the commandment of God. The call to military service, likewise, is to be respected and obeyed, as taught by Jesus Christ; “Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”
Matthew 5:44, Romans 13:1-10, I Peter 2:13-15
- WE BELIEVE that God now commands all men to repent and be baptized and that immersion is the scriptural mode of water baptism, but WE BELIEVE that baptism should be administered to those alone who have believed on Christ, and have been converted by Him, who have indeed died to sin and have experienced a spiritual rebirth.
Matthew 28:19-20, John 3:3, Acts 2:38; 26:20, Romans 6:1-13, Acts 3:19, II Corinthians 5:17
- WE BELIEVE in the exercise of discipline by the church in order to deal with the presence of sin in the lives of it’s members.
I Corinthians 5:1-13, II Corinthians 2:5-11; 5:14-18, II Thessalonians 3:6; 14,15, Matthew 18:15-17, Hebrews 10:24-26, Galatians 6:1-2, Titus 3:10-11, I Timothy 5:20
- WE BELIEVE that the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ is an invitation for everyone to live a life of abandonment to Him Who loved us and gave Himself for us – surrendering His personal ambitions and possessions in an unreserved committal to take the proclamation of the Gospel throughout “all the world to every creature”.
Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47, II Corinthians 5:18, Luke 14:26-27, 33, Luke 5:27-28
- WE BELIEVE that the gift of eternal life is a present possession of every true disciple of Jesus Christ, and that nothing nor anyone can take it from him; but, that it is a realistic possibility, however, for a true believer, once saved, of his own free will to no longer “continue in the faith” but instead to apostatize, “depart from the faith” return to sin, and consequently forfeit the eternal life he once possessed.
I John 5:11-13, Romans 8:35-39, Acts 14:22, Hebrews 3:6, 12-14, Romans 6:16, II Peter 2:1-22, Matthew 25:24,30; I Corinthians 9:27; 10:1-12, I Timothy 1:18-20, 4:1-3, Revelation 2:10, 3:5, John 3:15-18, 15:1-7
- WE BELIEVE that “the bread and fruit of the vine” in Holy Communion, symbolize the body and blood of Christ. Communion is served to members of the fellowship only, following self-examination.
I Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:17-32, Luke 22:7-20
- WE BELIEVE that a veil or head covering should be worn by Sisters in the Lord during public prayer and worship, as a symbol of their submission according to God’s order of creation.
I Corinthians 11:1-16